The Houston, Texas plant was acquired in Boomerang’s purchase of Southern Tube LLC (STL) from Nippon Steel & Sumikin Oil Field Services Inc. in 2018. After exploring many expansion opportunities, Boomerang made this strategic acquisition based on the high quality of STL’s equipment, its focus on quality and customer service and its good transportation links; the location is within a mile of Greens Port and has easy rail access.
Our new Houston plant increases our capacity by 120,000 tons per year. We also utilize the Houston plant, which is only 37 miles away from our 500,000-square-foot Liberty, Texas site, to handle third-party processing of OCTG.
The 350,000-square-foot Houston plant has benefited from significant capital investment over the last few years and now boasts the following:
- State-of-the-art Danieli soaking furnace
- Full range of heat treat services including for Coupling Stock in the seamless range
- Hydrostatic testing
- Full body phased array ultrasonic testing in size ranges 4.5” OD – 7.625” OD
- Advanced threading capabilities in size ranges for 4.5” OD – 13.375 OD”
- Heat treating Coupling Stock (CS) in the seamless range with customer-specific sizes and gauges
- Fully integrated rail spur
- Ability to receive direct discharge product for finishing from Greens Port located one mile from our facility
Appointment and Logistics Scheduling:
To establish a pick-up appointment, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 713-231-2929. We appreciate notification at least 2 days in advance if possible. We will contact you with an approval or suggest other available time slots should we be unable to fulfill your specific request. Standard loading times are 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, but we work with our customers on scheduling outside this window to help satisfy their needs.